Windows VPS hosting is a great choice for small to medium sized businesses. This option has really taken off in recent years and it’s primarily due to increases in the availability of three scarce resources – Bandwidth, Memory, and CPU. Now it’s possible to split a dedicated server into three to five portions and still have each portion powerful enough to take care of all the needs of a full fledged business. Windows VPS hosting is now the preferred way for businesses to have their own server.
A virtual private server is a virtual machine that allows customers to run software in the same physical unit as other customers but enjoy the security and resources of separate units. Each server can run its own operating system and can be rebooted as needed without affecting the other units in the system.
A Windows VPS, then, would be a system that uses Windows as its operating systems. There are also Linux VPS units available, but these units are popular because they tend to be among the most versatile and common.
BENEFITS OF WINDOWS VPS :
1. In Windows VPS hosting solution you don’t have to manage your server. Most web hosting companies will manage your server free of cost for you.
2. You can make system updates on your server as and when needed without affecting and getting affected by the others. Some web hosting companies will manage and update your server daily so that your server is safe and secure each time of the day.
3. Also your web hosting provider will take the backup of your VPS every third day automatically and hence you will never be worried about your data.
4. They predict your server requirements and keep a track of your server’s usage and then recommend you a better hosting solution from time to time so that you never face any issue.
5. Windows VPS is also a secured hosting solution and cheap too. In case a neighbor is hacked, it won’t affect your working since each server is partitioned and does not affect each other’s working.
6. Windows VPS also offers you the features of dedicated hosting and hence allows you to customize your server the way you want and that too at a very minimal price. You can run any program on your server and keep it the way you want it. You will never be short of resources which is a negative feature of shared hosting.
7. Lastly if you want the features of dedicated hosting and are not able to pay for one then Windows VPS hosting is exactly what you will need for your business. It is negligibly expensive than a shared hosting and a lot cheaper than a dedicated hosting. So this way it removes your cost constraints and gives you a better solution at low prices.
Some more benefit of Windows VPS
Shared hosting has grave limitations. Most of the time, a server is being shared with hundreds of other customers – each of whom is competing with the others for CPU processing time, bandwidth, and memory. The misuse of any one of these resources by a given customer can reduce its availability to the others. With VPS hosting however, the server is shared by only a few clients at a time – thus increasing the amount of resources for everyone.
More importantly, the virtualized servers have dedicated resources – meaning that even if one server tries to use more than its fair share, it won’t be able to do so.
IP Addresses and Spam Protection
In a shared hosting set up, all the customers on a server share the same IP resources. This means that one customer who’s behaving badly – say he or she is sending out mass spam mails – can blacklist the entire group. This is a terrible thing for businesses as emails can get rejected by those who see it coming from what they think is an untrustworthy IP.
With VPS hosting however, each server slice has its own dedicated IP address, leaving it impervious to antics engaged in by others. A static IP address can also come in handy for branding purposes if necessary.
The illusion of a separate server breaks down pretty fast in shared hosting. There are many restrictions on what can be installed and configured. Access takes place through a standardized control pane. With Windows VPS hosting however, you have as much control over your server as you want. In fact, there’s no way to tell the difference between a VPS hosted server and a dedicated server (in some cases, even the operating system may not know!)
This gives businesses the flexibility they need to run an efficient IT infrastructure. They can run scripts, make schedules, change security policies, and generally do whatever.
Click To Buy Best Windows Server